Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I cannot start my MacBook and my start disc is faulty. Can I

I cannot start my MacBook and my start disc is faulty. Can I download the software for a start disc please?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I need some information from you, so I can help you better.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?

What happens when you turn on your Mac ?

By start disc, do you mean the installation DVD came with your Mac ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Os X don't know. I get fail to load Windows 7. No a start up disc which you can create when Mac is working
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

How did you load Windows 7 on it ? Using Bootcamp ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Bootcamp won't touch the OS X start up disk. So it should be still there. Turn off your Mac by holding down the Power button for 5-10 seconds. Then turn it back on and immediately hold down Option key on your keyboard and this will show start up disks. Select Macintosh HD or your Mac's start up disk and press return. This will boot into OS X desktop.

Then Bootcamp and restore the partition. Then try to install Windows again if needed.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it worked. Thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You're most welcome :)