Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My I pad has stopped being on the internet what can I do to

My I pad has stopped being on the internet what can I do to correct this? It is a I Pad Air2
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Then go to Settings > General> Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This will not delete anything from your iPad. It just resets some settings like WiFi, bluetooth etc. Doing this will disconnect you from your WiFi network.

So go to Settings tap WiFi. You will find your WiFi network there. Tap it and enter your WiFi password ***** connect. Check internet.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not understand the technology of the device as it was a gift and have no instructions as to what the various things are so do not know where to find the settings etc and when I press on the Apple logo it just says edit or delete, sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can you securely connect, by magic!
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I will not be able to connect to your iPad. It is an automated offer from this site and meant for computers.

On the iPad, Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

The Power button is the button you use to put the iPad to sleep or turn off. The Home button is the round button at front bottom. You need to hold down these two buttons until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let your iPad boot. After that, check internet.

If that didn't work, then you need to reset WiFi. To do that, go to Settings app, tap General tap Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This will not delete anything from your iPad. It just resets some settings like WiFi, bluetooth etc. Doing this will disconnect you from your WiFi network. Then open Settings again, tap WiFi and connect to your WiFi network.

Let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry have not managed anything I guess I am too old to learn new tricks. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will contact one of my young teckies for help
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I will walk you through it. Lets do this first. On the iPad, Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Power button is the button at top and Home button is the button at front bottom. Hold down these buttons for 10 seconds.

Let me know once you did that and we can move to next step.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If someone there can help you, then you can pass these instructions to them and it will definitely work. If the above doesn't work, then try the following as well.

Turn off the iPad and also turn off your router. Unplug the router from power for 20 minutes. Keep it unplugged for 2 minutes and then plug it back. Turn it back on and check internet.

The above instructions are to refresh the internet and thus your iPad will reestablish connection with internet. These steps will definitely work but it has to be done correctly.

If you face any difficulty, please let me know and I'm happy to continue to help you anytime you want