David
David, Mac Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

When first setting up my itunes account many years back I

Customer Question

When first setting up my itunes account many years back I typed my email address incorrectly I.e.***@******.*** instead of***@******.***. This caused no problems until iCloud etc came along. I have now changed my contact email address to***@******.*** (although the bt address is still live) I did not realise this would also change my apple account name to the gmail account name. However iPad mini has not changed to the new account name and I can't change it. I also have an iPad, second generation, and an iphone4, and it would be nice to get all my photos on all three, currently not possible. Can you help please.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

I can help you to configure the new account as a new Apple ID across all of your devices.

The only problem with this is that any purchases made using the BT address will not be authorised with the new gmail Apple ID.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

You can create a new Apple ID using your GMail account here:

https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create

Then you can sync your photos across all devices.

Any music or Apps purchased on the BT Apple ID will not be authorised and will not work on the devices that are configured using the new GMail Apple ID.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Once you have created the new Apple ID on that page, I can help you configure the iPad and the iPhone with the right settings.

Let me know how you would like to proceed please, thank you.

Sincerely,

David.