Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I was persuaded to update my iPhone phone to a Samsung S7

I was persuaded to update my iPhone phone to a Samsung S7 Edge, being told how wonderful they were. Unfortunately I took the advise spent two weeks wages on a phone I literally absolutely hate. It has taken three months to eventually get my iTunes switched over and my pictures are all over the place. My contacts are ok but the other apps are not there and I have had to re-download them. I just want to go back to my 5 and eventually get an iPhone S6. Can I just take the sim card out and reinput it back in my 5 or do I have to take it to a shop?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Both phones uses different operating systems. Galaxy phones uses Android and iPhone uses iOS.

Both are entirely different platforams and they are not very compatible with each other. That is why you had issues transferring stuffs from iPhone to Samsung. Even the Apps are designed differently and that is why you had to redownload them. People who use iPhone may not like Android and vice versa.

Re your question, Yes, you can take out the SIM from the S7 Edge and put it back to your iPhone 5.

Follow the steps in here to take out the SIM from S7 Edge --> http://www.droid-life.com/2016/03/02/galaxy-s7-sim-sd-card-how-to/

Follow the steps in here to put the SIM back to iPhone --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201337

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** try it. I got your name, so if I have any probs will give you a call back. Thanks again, Jeni
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome Jeni. If you need any help, please post a reply in here and I will get back to you ASAP.

Best Regards,

Ashik