Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Ipad does not recognize the password I have entered and I'm

Ipad does not recognize the password ***** have entered and I'm locked out. How can I open the ipad.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a new iPad? Or was it working fine previously?

Is it asking for the (4-digit or 6-digit) passcode? Or is it asking for the Apple ID account password?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a new ipad 6+

Thank you. Is it asking for the passcode or Apple ID password?

Do you also have a windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 or mac computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows10 passcode

Thank you. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on the Windows 10 computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now, or leave it there for now.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

How is it going? Do you still need help with your iPad and/or with anything else?

- If you'd like to, I can also connect remotely to your computer and fix your iPad directly through your computer for you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry in the end I managed to open the iPad.Thanks.M. Scollen

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you for the update.