David
David, Mac Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

I don't know my password or apple sign on an I-pad, the I-

Customer Question

I don't know my password ***** apple sign on an I-pad, the I- pad has stopped working
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

What is not working on the iPad? What things have you tried already?

Thanks,

David.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Bear with me a moment, thank you.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Hi Keith, let me know when iTunes is downloaded and installed.

If you have any problem with that let me know which part and I'll help you past it.

Get back to me when it is installed and we will do the next steps with the iPad.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Make sure you have the cable for connecting the iPad to the computer for the next step.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

When you have installed the latest version of iTunes, the next step is to restore the iPad using Recovery Mode.

https://support.apple.com/HT201263

Read and follow the 4 steps in that article, and if you are stuck on any part please get back to me.

If you follow all 4 steps you should have no problem setting it up as new with a new Apple ID.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done it, a have downloaded i tunes, &plugged my i-pad into the computer
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

Ok, next Force Restart the iPad. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, and don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.

There is a picture of the recovery mode screen in this article:

https://support.apple.com/HT201263

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have got nower . Icant give you any stars. I want to get out of this contract, if I don't I will cancel my credit card?
Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

I can still help you if you let me know what is happening now. Have you been able to put the iPad in recovery mode? Have you been able to restore it?

Thanks,

David.

Expert:  David replied 1 year ago.

I can also phone like I did before to help. Let me know, thanks.