Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Cant send emails using the email icon on my iPhone and ipad.

Customer Question

cant send emails using the email icon on my iPhone and ipad. I use sky.com and they say it is something to do with what ive mentioned above. I can send them using the PC
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. If you see your Sky account there, then select and select Delete Account. Then delete it. Now we can add it back with correct settings.

Tap Add account in there. Tap Other. Enter the following details

Name: Your name.
Email: Your full Sky Email address.
Password: The password ***** use to access your Sky Email account.
Description: anything

Then in Next screen, tap IMAP. Then make sure host is set to imap.tools.sky.com

Username is ***** ***** Sky Email address and password ***** ***** email password.

For Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), your Host Name is smtp.tools.sky.com

Then save the settings. Then go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap Sky account, tap address and make sure the hosts are correct. Try Sending mail.

If that didn't work, then open App Store. Search and download Outlook. Then setup your Sky account on Outlook and are you able to send mails from Outlook ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting