Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have two iPads which don't seem to be syncing with each

I have two iPads which don't seem to be syncing with each other now. I have just downloaded the latest update on them. After doing this with my big IPad I was asked for the Apple password ***** as I couldn't remember it I changed it. Upon completion of the download with my small IPad I was again requested to enter the Apple password. When I entered the new password ***** wasn't accepted and I was informed that I couldn't use any that had been used in the past year. As this could theoretically go on indefinitely with both iPads I need some assistance please. I hope you can understand my problem. Thanks in anticipation. Ann McCafferty
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On both iPads, go to Settings > iCloud and tap Sign Out. Enter your updated password ***** sign out. If asked to keep or delete stuffs, tap Keep. If you only see Delete, then do it.

Once you are signed out from both iPads, go to Settings > iCloud and this time, sign in to your iPad. This will re-establish the connection with iCloud and will put them in sync again.

Make sure both iPads have same Apple ID/iCloud ID under Settings > iCloud. If you don't remember it, then reset the password ***** here again --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

(Note : When you reset password, put a brand new password ***** you have not used before with this ID)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ashik,
My problem seems to have resolved itself somehow as both iPads are accepting the same password *****! I could have saved myself £20!
I'm reluctant to do anything now but will save your answer in case I have any further trouble. Many thanks. Ann
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ann, I'm glad it is fixed. But keep the answer. If you ever face any syncing issues, you can do the steps above to re-establish the connection.

Best Regards,

Ashik