Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have two iPads which don't seem to be syncing with each

I have two iPads which don't seem to be syncing with each other now. I have just downloaded the latest update on them. After doing this with my big IPad I was asked for the Apple password ***** as I couldn't remember it I changed it. Upon completion of the download with my small IPad I was again requested to enter the Apple password. When I entered the new password ***** wasn't accepted and I was informed that I couldn't use any that had been used in the past year. As this could theoretically go on indefinitely with both iPads I need some assistance please. I hope you can understand my problem. Thanks in anticipation. Ann McCafferty
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On both iPads, go to Settings > iCloud and tap Sign Out. Enter your updated password ***** sign out. If asked to keep or delete stuffs, tap Keep. If you only see Delete, then do it.

Once you are signed out from both iPads, go to Settings > iCloud and this time, sign in to your iPad. This will re-establish the connection with iCloud and will put them in sync again.

Make sure both iPads have same Apple ID/iCloud ID under Settings > iCloud. If you don't remember it, then reset the password ***** here again --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

(Note : When you reset password, put a brand new password ***** you have not used before with this ID)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Ashik,
My problem seems to have resolved itself somehow as both iPads are accepting the same password *****! I could have saved myself £20!
I'm reluctant to do anything now but will save your answer in case I have any further trouble. Many thanks. Ann
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hello Ann, I'm glad it is fixed. But keep the answer. If you ever face any syncing issues, you can do the steps above to re-establish the connection.

Best Regards,

Ashik