Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I'm on holiday in France. Yesterday I left my iPad

Hi I'm on holiday in France. Yesterday I left my iPad unattended. When I came back someone without my permission had changed the settings and installed iCloud.
I just want my old settings back. I removed iCloud but this did not work. Now I lost all my bookmarks. I just want my iPad back to where it was at 14.00CET on 8th September 2016.
How do I do it
John
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there John and welcome

What exactly have you lost in regards ***** ***** when you say Bookmarks, do you mean in Safari?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All my icons and user settings have changed and as I'm elderly I want everything back the way it at 1400 CET on 8th September 2016 when I left my iPad down. Someone with my permission
Updated it, changed the settings, icons and downloaded iCloud. I was unable to use it and I removed iCloud to see if it would revert to my old settings. No it didn't and I also lost all my bookmark files. Can you help me restore my settings
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

If you go to Settings, iCloud, do you still see it signed in with your original Apple ID?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've already paid €28 by PayPal to your company and have got nothing yet
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

You need to reply to my question please John

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No it's not signed in
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, sign in with your Apple ID and password ***** you originally used please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What do I do. It won't let me sign it
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

What wont it let you sign in? Whats the message you receive?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It won't let me input to signin box
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I must be deleted. Will I set up new account
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

yes, I am here,

But your response is not top clear, you cannot make a new account if you want to bring the old data back.

Else you need to start from new again

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Why won't iCloud let me input or sigh in. Is it because I removed/deleted iCloud yesterday. Maybe I reinstalled it incorrectly
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

What happens when you press sign in?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do I need to reinstall it
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release

Let it restart then try please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did that. It still won't let me sign in in icloud
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

it does not react?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No it does not react. Do I have to reinstall icloud
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just want to get my old settings restored
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

yes, I understand your requirement John..

You do not reinstall iCloud.

Go to settings, general, reset, reset all settings, then restart and tell me if you can sign in.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Done that still can't sign to icloud
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, then your not going to be able to get the settings back, this is confirmed,

Now if you wish to sign back into your iPad your going to have to do a full reset of it, which will wipe all your data and return it to new, but it is something you cannot avoid

Then as you set it up again it will ask you to sign in.

To do this, go to settings, general, reset, erase all data and reset

Let this complete then as you are setting it up you will sign into your iCloud account again and at least get the apps back you purchased

Richard, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple Computers Specialist