Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I want to transfer all data and files from my dell laptop to

hey there, I want to transfer all data and files from my dell laptop to my new imac. how do i do this?
Al
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There is a software from Apple called Windows Migration Assistant which you can install on your Dell laptop and it will allow you transfer files from your PC to your Mac.

Download and install it on your PC from here --> https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1557?locale=en_US

Refer the instructions in here --> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204087

If you already setup the Mac, then go to Applications > Utilities folder and open Migration Assistant. Then follow onscreen instructions.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Remember, both computers must be connected to same network.

Or you can connect them directly using an Ethernet cable. You have to buy Crossover Ethernet cable from a computer store to connect both. Then you can transfer information between them using Migration Assistant application.