Pete
Pete, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My son blocked his iPad there's an activation lock on it and

Hi my son blocked his iPad there's an activation lock on it and I can't remember the password ***** his email as it was set up Almost two years ago
If the problem is not solved by the expert do I still have to pay the fee thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Amanda,
My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

Who is the email account provider? (e.g. icloud.com, me.com, gmail.com, outlook.com...)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's hotmail pete
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
His email address is *************
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Ok, first try resetting the account at:

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Once you successfully get into the account you can then deactivate the iPad lock.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Pete I e tried that by getting a code sent to my email but it's then telling me I'm not adding enough in the fields to prove my identity
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well his I should say as its his acc I'm using the code on and I can't add sent emails ect as the account was just used for set up
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

If it isn't possible to get control of the hotmail account to deactivate the lock then the iPad will need to be reset.

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

To reset the device, please see: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204306

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's telling me that his email for the Apple acc is ************* And Apple ID verification is needed to update I cloud is that the same password ***** would use when downloading games.....
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've got the iPad on now ( I don't know how) and it's giving me an option of not now or settings to enter the password ***** I'm afraid to try it incase I block the iPad this time thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Try the Not Now option and let me know if you can access it ok.

Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

(If you connected the iPad to the computer that it was originally set up on then it may have unlocked itself).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks I think I've sorted it put the password ***** and it seems to be up and running now
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Great news! :)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks sure is I'll have a happy lil boy in the morning my only payment for this will be the €31 taken out for this already
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

The payment is held by the website, and a portion is transferred to me when you leave me a high service rating :)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks :)