Pete
Pete, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I ned HELP with page numbering in several PAGES documents.

I ned HELP with page numbering in several PAGES documents. Have tried all obvious options, but cannot get it to just number pages sequentially, starting from say page 3 of document. Problem has something to do with Sections. How do I remove all sections from a document? It's driving me mad.
Many thanks, Robert
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi Robert,
My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

To remove a section but not its contents, copy and paste the contents someplace else in the document before you delete the section. Click in the toolbar, then choose Show Page Thumbnails. Select the section in the thumbnail sidebar, then press Delete on your keyboard.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Pete, this is not practical. I am dealing with 30-50 page documents heavily illustrated. It's being able to page number sequentially that I am after. I can number say 3 pages, 1,2,3 but then pages 4,5,6 also show as 1,2,3 - so I suspect a section is in the document. But I cant view where the section starts and ends? Robert
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is the £22 all-in or in addition to the £29. If it's £22 all in I'm interested, but if it's £51 - then NO Thanks. Robert
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Pete - are you going to respond?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

yes i am typing..

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Any additional services are an additional amount due to the time involved.

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

---

To remove the sections individually would indeed be very time-consuming, however there is no way to remove all sections at once, so you may just want to leave them in and edit the page numbering so that it continues?

---

To see how your document is divided into sections, click the section icon in the toolbar, then choose Show Thumbnails. When you click a thumbnail, all thumbnails for the pages in the same section are outlined in yellow.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm checking that now. Thank you
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Ok, You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all :)

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things turn out for you?