Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I want to install windows 10 to my Mac OS X Version 10.9.5.

Customer Question

I have downloaded ISO image of Windows 10, but I cannot create bootable USB Drive.
Error message says: Boot Camp only supports 64-bit Windows installation on this platform. Please use a ISO file for 64-bit Windows installation. However, I have downloaded 64 bit Windows. Could you help me, please?
Noriko
Category: Mac
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Are you trying to install windows on mac using virtual machine?

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Please follow the instructions here, it suggests you havent run Boot Camp to make the iso bootable from your Mac.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am trying to create USB installer with Boot Camp Assistant. I have downloaded Windows 10 ISO image file, but after downloading, ISO file does not appear on the downloading folder, and it does not allow me to choose the ISO image automatically.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Now I have downloaded Windows 10 ISO image again and managed to choose it from the download folder, and click continue, but warning message comes out saying "Boot Camp only supports Windows 7 or later installation on this platform. Please use an ISO file for Windows 7 or later installation." Do you think you can help me sort out this issue?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Where are you downloading the ISO from?