Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My mother has purchased a new iphone and has tried to

Customer Question

Hi, my mother has purchased a new iphone and has tried to restore it from an old backup. but she has forgotten her password ***** the account is now locked. Also she cannot reset the password ***** she no longer has the phone or number that she set the account up with. Can we overcome this problem as we now have a phone that we cannot reset to factory settings or buy any apps
Category: Mac
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi Bob,

Has your mother tried to use the link here to reset her password, and after enter her old mobile number clicking the link "Don't have access to your trusted devices or phone numbers?", and then choosing the option to start account recovery?