Russell H.
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

Can you find my apple password my or reset it my ID number

Customer Question

can you find my apple password ***** or reset it my ID number is(###) ###-####
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The email is spelt wrong on my apple account it should be***@******.***
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Is your computer an Apple, or (I doubt it) a Windows PC?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
its an iMac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can you remote access tomorrow

Tomorrow is fine. Just let me know - preferably in advance - as to when you want me to connect. Thanks. (You may return to this case at any time by going to

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/mac-computers/ambnc-find-apple-password-reset-id-number.html

)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how long will it take you can either do it tonight or in the morning say 9.00 which ever is easiest for you

9:00 a.m. in what time zone, please? UK time?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
uk time sorry

Is 'tonight' = now? sorry if I'm a bit confused, I'm in Eastern US time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
oh sorry do it now if you want

OK. I will set up my side of the remote connection, and you will need to just click on this link, and run the program which will set up your side of the connection - on your iMac, that is:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5cd204e5-2019-4afa-a8ad-5b362c83207a&Type=Java

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Russell it says my jarva is out off date and I cannot download a new one

What MAC OS X version do you have on your iMac, please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how do i find that out you are talking to a dinosor

Don't worry, I speak several languages. I would say: click on the apple icon (it's either black or multicolored in older machines), and choose About This MAC, then look for the

10.X

version number, and name perhaps too.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
cant find my apple icon sorry really tied now been up 18 hours

I understand. But for me, the time you proposed tomorrow morning won't do either - it would be 4 a.m. for me. So is there another time tomorrow - your time zone time - that we can get together on this again?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can contact you again tomorrow at 6.00pm uk time if thats ok

Yes, try then. That seems to be about 1 p.m. here where I am, I'll be looking out for you then.

Does any logo saying, 'Lion' or 'Mountain Lion' or 'Tiger' [etc. etc., names of MAC OS X versions] come up when you boot up your iMac ?

You can respond to that tomorrow - good night.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
dont know will reboot in morning and get information you need look forward to speaking tomorrow when I am a bit more composs mentos
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
good night or good morning what ever it is Im so confused thank you for your patience

OK! good night.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Russell good afternoon my imac software is OS X version 10.9.5 build 13F1911

Thanks for getting back to this case. Your Java software may be too old for me to remotely connect and it may not be possible to update it without updating your MAC OS X version also.

Some Experts here at JustAnswer have Teamviewer, which can work on most MAC OS X versions.

Would you prefer that I continue to try to help you by instructions (in this manner), or to pass this case to another Expert with Teamviewer (whenever another Expert might take up the case) ? the choice is yours, and I stand ready to help you, either way, now.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
lets try and do it together first
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can we try to sort it ourselves first all I need is my Apple Password

OK. Now, what you need is to reset your Apple ID password, correct?

And your email address is spelled wrong, but you have your ID number for the Apple account, correct?

If your email address on the account is spelled wrong, and you don't have that email account, then it may not be possible to address the problem the way I had thought I would, but there may be another approach.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok lets try that then

You will have to either try using this website - which, with your Apple account's email spelled wrong, probably won't work - or you will have to fall back on calling Apple about the matter. Here's the website to try first if you like:

with your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thats not working they are saying(###) ###-####is not an apple ID but thats what your college gave me
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you think I have it now thank you for your help
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Good night from the UK

Glad to hear that it is all cleared up and OK! Thank you for seeing this process through with patience. Good night to the UK, from the US.