KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I'm new to Mac, and using a MacBook Air. There doesn't seem

I'm new to Mac, and using a MacBook Air. There doesn't seem to be an inbuilt app for PDF. Does Adobe Acrobat exist for Mac or do I have to use something else from the App Store?

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

You can get the free Adobe Reader.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I tried downloading Acrobat Reader DC for Mac, and it has appeared in downloads. But what do I do next? So far, with programs I have downloaded, I can only use them via the App Store.
If I double-click nothing happens? I am looking at a file called AcroRdrDC_1800920044_MUI.pkg

You need to open the package file so it can be installed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am new to Mac. How do I open the package file for installation?

When you double click on it, it should open the package file and then you should see the setup. You can then drag the Application to Applications folder and PDF Reader should be installed. Can you send me a screen shot of your current screen with the package file here so i can guide you exactly what to do?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I double-click, nothing happens. I am in Downloads. I can see Name/Size/Kind/Date Added, and above that line I can see a 'picture' of the program. I can't send you a screenshot, as I don't know how to screenshot on a Mac, but it's not going to give you any more information.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Actually, if I double-click it comes up by itself on a small screen, but I can't do anything with it.

Please click the link below and launch the program.

I'll take a look at this remotely.

https://www.fastsupport.com/504144994

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is what I did! (I am on another laptop talking to you)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It looks the same program?

Something is wrong, let me figure it out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I couldn't open any program in Downloads (see OneDrive) except Microsoft Office
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great, thank you. But what was the problem?

Could be with the setup file but this is how it should work in the future.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, many thanks. One question - how do I find out which version of the operating system I'm using?

Click the Apple Icon and choose About This Mac.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great - thanks.