syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Systems Engineer with over 18 years experience in configuration, integration and troubleshooting
13852270

I recently accepted the latest update to my Mac operating

Customer Question

I recently accepted the latest update to my Mac operating system, and it has completely messed up Word. It sometimes saves and sometimes doesn't save what I've written - I'm well into a mother book at present, and it is massively vexing when stuff is lost - even in iCloud backups.
I wish I hadn't downloaded the update, and only did so out of annoyance at the messages about it which kept appearing on my screen. everything was fine before.
What can I do about this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

My name is David.

The quickest way to resolve the issue, if you have a copy of your Microsoft Office installation files and license key, is to uninstall Office, then restart the computer, then reinstall Office.

If you have Office 2011, click the link below to download and run the Office removal tool first:

click here

Once the removal is completed, restart the computer then proceed with a standard installation and that should fix the problem.

Please let me know the result and if you need assistance with any of the steps.

Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need assistance?