syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Systems Engineer with over 18 years experience in configuration, integration and troubleshooting
13852270

ON my Mac desktop computer, my mouse moves the cursor to the

Customer Question

ON my Mac desktop computer, my mouse moves the cursor to the desired screen position, but cannot enter data, not on word, or excel, or mail etc.
What am I doing wrong? (my ipad works okay),
Thankyou,
Alan Gracie,***@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

My name is David.

When you move the mouse to the desired location where you wish to type, and you click on that area, the computer "focus" should be redirected to that area so what you type is entered in the area you intend. If the focus is not redirected to what you want when you click on the mouse, the first thing you should do is refresh the computer's memory as memory errors are usually what causes focus not to work correctly. To correct the issue, completely power down the computer and remove the power cord from the wall and let the computer sit without power for about 5 minutes. Then plug the computer back in and power it up and then login and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Expert:  syseng replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need assistance?