Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

My computer is constantly restarting itself, says there is a

My computer is constantly restarting itself, says there is a sleep/wake problem

Hi there and welcome

Are you still able to get to the desktop on the computer?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I dont know if the problem has gone unless I leave the computer unused for a while.

Ok, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I could not finish this as when I got to "click repair" (2nd to last instruction) there was no repair icon with "repair" to click....there was a "restore" ??
I had clicked on Macintosh HD.I would appreciate help and happy to give rating when matter solved.

You need to first go to Disk utility then you see it at the top

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok I will try again thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well I still failed so I suppose I will have to go to remote assistant

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect