indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485
Mazda

I have a Mazda 6 2008. My problem is the alarm keeps going

off for no apparent reason... Show More
off for no apparent reason. I suspect it may be a faulty door switch as, when I was driving the car, I suddenly got both the front interior lights come on and the red door open indicator lit up on the dashboard. All the doors seemed to be closed at the time.

I need to know how to disable the alarm system so that it doesn't keep going off during the night annoying the neighbours as well as the wife!

If I use the fob to unloack the doors after a short time the doors automatically re-lock anf the alarm system is activated. I have tried pressing the Intrusion/Tilt sensor cancel button but the alarms still goes off. I have now tried pressing the Boot lid button on the fob which has opened the boot. Will this preent the alarm going off during the night? Is there anything else I can try? Which fuse should I remove to orevent the alarm system going off?

I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

Alistair
Category: Mazda
Show Less
replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

This is a door switch issue as when driving the car and you see the door ajar light come on then this is showing that one of the switchs is malfunctioning .

What you will have to try is from inside the car with the deoors closed and ignition ON push on each and every door and see if the door ajar light comes on ,if it does then the door you are upagainst is the faulty switch and also the boot should be checked .

Until you find the faulty switch you can pull the negative battery cable .

Make sure you have the Radio code first before you disconnect the battery .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

Rgds Greg
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

Hi Greg

Thanks for getting back to me.

I suspected it was the door switch and it happened a couple more times on the way to work this morning.

How do I find out the Radio code? I bought the car recently and I don't think it's mentioned in the information I got. Can I get it from Mazda?

Is there no fuse I can pull to disable the alarm system?

Alistair

indy-tech, Import tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi Alister .

Radio code may be in the glove box with the owners manual ,will be
on a credit like card with 4 code numbers or on a sticker on the side of the
glove box wall or somewhere round there you will have to look .

If not there you will try and see if you can get in touch with the first owner?

Otherwise the only way is for you to remove the radio and get the sierial number off it .and with the cars chassis number you can get the code from the dealer .

Not sure where the relay or fuse is on this model as i don't have the diagram for the immo system .

Kind regards Greg