indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

Ref: Xedos 9 Miller Engine Year 2000 Engine continues to knock

Customer Question

Ref: Xedos 9 Miller Engine Year 2000
Engine continues to knock after Two refurbished/replacement Superchargers have been tried and fitted by a Mazda Garage, although most Mazda Garages I have dealt with in recent years will openly admit to knowing very little about these cars, however can you advise me as to what else may be causing the problem, as I have another Supercharger in my garage at home, but I do not want to proceed any further and the expense of same until I can see a clearer route to go down.

Regards: Frank Mc Garvey
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.

Hi .

Frank where is the knock coming from ?

Superchargers on this engine are known to knock but would in many cases have a smoking engine due to oil loss from the supercharger.

Is the knock coming from the S/C run the engine without the belt

is the knock still there .

This should be a info request and not an answer due to my mistake .

Rgds Greg