indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

Hey, I have a Mazda 3 TS2. The warning light indicating

Customer Question

Hey,

I have a Mazda 3 TS2. The warning light indicating a door is still open is illuminated. However all doors are securely closed. The lock button on the key also does not lock the doors. Only unlocks doors that have been manually closed. Main problem being that the dash lights stay illuminated meaning the battery keeps going flat????
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi ,

If you have a door ajar warning light on and all doors are fully closed ,then you have a bad door switch ,
You will have to check each and every door switch for an open ,normally the passengers door is the culprit so start there first ,then check the drivers door ,

The easiest way normally is with a dealer scan tool , as this will show you which door switch is open or closed ,

What you could try is have someone sit in the car and look at the warning light and you push in on the doors and see if the light goes out or flickers if you see this happen then you have found the faulty switch , if not then you have a short to ground in the wiring system .

Need further assistance then please get back to me.

Kindest regards Greg