Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

my 06 mazda 3 keeps going into limp mode without warning.

Customer Question

car goes into limp mode with no warning or warning lights
no pattern for when it will happen - cold or hot or speed
been on computer at garage which came up turbo overcharge - ?
had dpf refilled 3 months ago
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, will wait bit longer.

More info:- when turn car off then restart, it clears completely. Also taken cowl off engine - there's T piece pipe from turbo to airbox, centre of pipe goes back to centre of engine opposite oil filler cap which has broken clamp and wasblowing oil out. Could this be cause or electrical prob? Turbo appears clean and no wear visable on propeller.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will do my best to assist you with your question.
Before the vehicle goes in to limp mode does it run normal?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes runs perfectly normal, then revs drop like stone - bit scary when overtaking and my babies are in car

Ok the issue that you are describing is a turbo issue. This is consistent with the turbo falling under boost,this can be from the turbo boost valve sticking or the turbo impeller bearing sticking at times. The best way to check these is with the use of a scan tool to monitor the turbo performance while driving.