Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

i have a mazda bt 50 double cab 4x4 2007 model ihave adash

Customer Question

i have a mazda bt 50 double cab 4x4 2007 model ihave adash warning light on which looks abit like a suacepan with adrip coming from the bottom ichanged the oil and filters yesterday please help!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Is this warning light your seeing? If not would it be possible to upload a picture if you can.?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes this is the sign

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for getting back to me..

Ok..that warning light is primarily on diesels and is to do with the "diesel fuel filter" - if its on continually then it means there is excess water in the fuel filter sediment trap - and means the water needs to be drained off - if you locate your fuel filter feel underneath for a small little drain tap/screw that you can undo and drain off the excess water - until of course it runs diesel out with no signs of water and just tighten it up and restart the engine and hopefully the light should go out since the water has been drained off..if you dont have the drain tap/screw underneath then its going to be a case of replacing the fuel filter im afraid..I do hope this helps..

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Hi..there..

I see recently you have viewed your answer recently.and just wondered if you required any further help?

If you need to follow up or ask anything else ? then you are always more than welcome too and continue on the same question should you need to ask anything else...if not and your happy with the answer then please dont forget to rate my answer if you havent done so already..

Regards[Robert]