Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi I own a mazda 6 20litre diesel 53 plate and it has started

Customer Question

hi I own a mazda 6 20litre diesel 53 plate and it has started to kangaroo? at first after it warmed up it would kangaroo for a minute then it would be fine? now it kangaroos all the time its a nightmare? I have fitted a second hand fuel injection pump and timing belt? it wouldn't start on the key but did with a tow obviously needs coded to the key? anyway it is still the same ? we put a fault finder on the ecu and it comes up error code po 628 which came up fuel pump relay my mechanic said he changed it (second hand) we tried the fault finder with the original fuel injection unit and it idled and revved perfectly then drove it and the engine pressure dropped down from 9000 to around 400 and started kangarooing? I then took it to my mechanic friend and it drove perfectly I even booted it and the engine was warm it ran great then when he started it up the next day it was kangarooing again??? im baffled Thanks davy
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello Davy,