Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

I have a similar problem with my alarm (also an 08 Mazda 6)

Customer Question

I have a similar problem with my alarm (also an 08 Mazda 6) but I have NOT noticed any associated problems with doors, bonnets, hatchback etc?? It doesn't happen every night but can occur several times in one night, as happened last Saturday? Help!!
Thanks,
Simon
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Simon,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I can wait a little longer but not more than 2 days please.

Hello Simon,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this -

Assuming that indeed there are no other issues - electrically with the vehicle...ie, starting problems especially - then this is invariably a fault with one of the door switches or bonnet micro switch being faulty - not full failed, or it would be there all the time and the door / bonnet open light would be on all the time - but just faulty. When this happens, the system sense a voltage drop -and sets your alarm off as you have -

So you need to fully check each door switch - you will see each held with a single screw to the body - remove the screw and take the switch out - remove the wire - and fully clean - ideally use a spray switch / contact cleaner- to the wire connector - and where the screw attaches - as this forms the earth circuit. Do this with each switch - and retry it.

If thats not cured it - then the bonnet micro switch is next - this is on the actual bonnet lock / catch - you will it there - try cleaning - but often it will need replacement.

IF you were to find none of the above cures it - on the odd occasion then its a fault in the system itself - for that you would need garage help with plug in equipment to interrogate the alarm and trace the fault and cure it that way - there is at that point no other way as its a solid state / electronic system - But work through as above first -as 99% of the time its one of those switches at fault and easily cured as above.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Hello Simon,

A Professional has answered your question. Please remember to rate the answer given once you are satisfied. There is no extra charge for follow-up questions.