Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have had my car serviced by a local firm, not a Mazda dealership,

Customer Question

I have had my car serviced by a local firm, not a Mazda dealership, but using genuine Mazda parts.
It has done 30,000 miles, and is 2.5 years old.
Now the dpf light has started flashing.
Is this a coincidence, or some kind of built in quirk to make me take it to a Mazda dealership.
I do not like the service from my local dealer!
David
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.
Yes the light normally starts to flash to get the customer to bring it in to the dealer.
Basically what will make this light go off is a fuel treatment added to the fuel tank and driving it about 25 miles,in some cases the fuel filter will need to be changed.