Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Im getting a loud clicking noise from behind the glove box

I'm getting a loud clicking noise from behind the glove box on my 2010 163bhp Mazda 6 diesel estate. It happens when I turn the key when cold and after starting when warm. there are no warning lights showing. What's the problem and is it safe to drive for a week or so?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
What you are describing is one of the heater/ac actuators inside of the dash is starting to stick and this results in the noise that you are hearing this is common. The actuators can still be working and also make this noise. The actuator would need to be replaced to solve this issue,however it is not a safety issue and the vehicle can still be driven.