Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I cannot open the boot with the remote key fob. the doors all

I cannot open the boot with the remote key fob. the doors all lock and open but I cannot get the boot lid to open.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a failed lock actuator for the boot that is resulting in the boot lid not opening.You can try disconnecting the battery for about 5 minutes and the actuator might work again to get the boot open,however the actuator will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Many thanks for your help. I managed to get the boot lid open eventually only to find a large box had been placed in the boot and had jammed the actuator. !!!!!

Great. I am glad you got the issue fixed without having to change any parts,thank you.