Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi I have a 2004 Mazda 3 1.4 petrol automatic. Car is driveing

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Mazda 3 1.4 petrol automatic. Car is driveing fine but when I am sat at a stand still with it in drive and my foot on the brake, the car starts almost shuggying me back and forth the wheel don't move just the car could you help thank you
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The most common reason that this happens on these vehicles is the vehicle sucking in air mainly at the intake manifold. The intake manifold gasket on these vehicles has a habit of leaking and resulting in the issue that you are having. What I would suggest as a next step is to have the engine vacuum tested.