Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My Mazda 3 will only unlock the drivers door on the key and

Customer Question

My Mazda 3 will only unlock the drivers door on the key and electronic
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ..

Please first tell me exactly what has been done / tried so far ..

Also -is it the same when using the fob and / or the key in the lock?

Rgds, MIKE.......................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is only working on the key to lock and that only to lock and unlock the other doors remain locked and therefore I have in effect a single seat car. the electronic locking is not working. I have tried putting a new battery in the fob.

The local Mazda garage are not sure what the problem is and they would start repair by process of elimination, I have experienced that kind of repairs before with another car I owned Renault) and well remember where that led Megabucks!

Await your reply not too long please Fred

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again - Thank you for your reply and further info.

Fred - I know what you mean yes - a process of elimination can get very expensive - but before we progress here - can I ask what your abilities are re car repairs - ie, can you work on the car and do you have any test equipment at all?

Rgds, MIKE...................................