indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

Twice I requested the main madza garage to inspect the Alarm

Twice I requested the main madza garage to inspect the Alarm system on my Madza 6
Reg 05 as sometimes it goes off when it shouldn't (Driving my neighbours Mad) they say they couldn't find a fault. can you assist
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

All the shop has to do is check the alarm system live data to see which switch is open .with all doors locked hood and bonnet closed all the readings should read closed and if any of then are open then this is the circuit that is causing you the problem .

I*f you notice that the door ajar warning light is on with all doors closed then you have a door switch problem if the warning light is working then the boot or hood is the problem and should be checked .

In your case with the Mazda 6 its a very common issue for the front bonnet switch to be the problem ,disconnect this first and lock up the car and wait and see if the alarm sounds off.if not then this was your problem if still sounds off then you will need a good tech and scan tool with the live data screen .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the prompt reply Where is the front bonnet switch feed located also the door feeds ?

Best regards

XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.

Hi Terry .

The hood switch is part of the latch , the easiest way to test this is with a scan tool in live data ,but as said you could first disconnect the connector on the latch.

First you have to remove the grill to gain access to the hood switch , then disconnect the hood switch and connect an Ohm meter over the A+B connector if there is no continuity then replace the hood switch.

Then with a screw driver close the latch and check again with the ohm meter, if you don't have continuity replace the hood switch.