Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Mazda 3 2010 Rear Door Sensor

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 2.2 diesel, 185bhp.

Rear door sensor seems to be acting up.

When I am driving along the open door light sometimes comes on and says the rear near-side door is open (it isn't). It happens when moving and stationary.

I can't lock the car sometimes as it just beeps due to thinking the door is open. The beeps are the same as when you leave the key inside and try to lock it (I think).

I assume I need to at least take the door skin off and check for loose wires as this is the side my 3 year old sits in and after many a fight getting him to sit down, I have slammed the door so it may be that.

Anyway, any ideas?

Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can wait.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I assume that if I close my question I get my money back... if so, then yes please, close it.

I am sorry we were unable to assist you. As requested I will close your question and reverse your charges.

Thank you for using JustAnswer UK,