Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My 2009 Mazda 6 sport 2.5 has following issues, red key light

Customer Question

My 2009 Mazda 6 sport 2.5 has following issues, red key light comes on when driving and now lock/immomobilizer light also coming on intermittantly along with the bingbong sound you get when you first hit the start button. Local Mazda dealer seems to think it may be the nsf door locking assembly or possibly the key fob, do you have any ideas as to the possible cause as they dont seem that certain. They have quoted me over £500 to fit new lock assembly.
Regards.
Ed in the UK.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Ed,

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected. I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good morning,

Please carry on with your search as this needs resolving.

Regards.

Ed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No i am fine to wait a little longer

Hello Ed,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Ed,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please carry on looking for the time being.

Ed.

Hello Ed,

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.