Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Mazda 5 MPV 2 litre diesel has intermittent break fail... is

Mazda 5 MPV 2 litre diesel has intermittent break fail... is this likely to be vacuum pump or could it be slow idle as fault only happens on low revs...also oil light flickers when at idle

Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

Can you please tell me exactly what you have done / had done - checked etc so far.... then we can progress..

Kind Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have nothing done yet apart from a road test by dealer i bought car from...mechanici confirmed intermitebt break fail and said needed new vacum pump i was then quoted £500 repair i need to know if diagnosis sounds correct or could it be slow idle speed which was suggested by third party
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

First my sincere apologies that I just missed you yesterday when you replied.

The vacuum pump when its in an ok working condition would cope with low revs - it would produce enough vac to power the brakes - its designed that way so that the brakes will work as needed at pull up - roundabouts / lights etc..

So from what you have described its looking like a faulty vac pump - but the circuit should be properly tested before replacing it to be sure. ( they have I assume done that already - but I mention it, just in case )

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert