Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I recently purchased a mazda 3 2004 registration a week mor

Customer Question

I recently purchased a mazda 3 2004 registration a week mor so ago I drove to hte shops when I came out it wouldnt start no engine turne I had it recovered and the mechanics said the steer ing barrel was worn they squirted wd 40 and it starte d they recomended a new steering barrel which was fitted along with a new battery I used i for a day and again it refuses to turn over everything lights up but doesnt turn over
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still waiting for advice for immobiliser problem

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you --

I need to just ask - when the vehicle wont start / engine wont turn, do you get any warn lights come one / flashing etc ??

Too -the parts that were fitted - the ign barrel - Were they brand new or second hand?

Please also give me the Full reg number -

Rgds - MIKE.................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

brand new barrel from mazda the fault was there before new part was fitted garage has started the car about twenty times and it failed once they are still testing there is a flashing light when i t fails

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the garage has removed and refitted the barrel and so far everything is OK thanks