indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

my alarm on my 2009 mazda 6 goes off when parked on my drive

Customer Question

my alarm on my 2009 mazda 6 goes off when parked on my drive usually between 2 and 6 pm on warm days
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

For the alarm to set off could be due to a number of reasons , but with
the complicated cars of today all electrical system are monitored for any malfunctions ,
So if the alarm starts to go off with out reason the management system will see this and store a malfunction code to let you know what has failed ,Also in freeze frame date from the Vehicle security module will let you know which door switch triggered the alarm or if the fault is the hood switch which is the most common issue on this car.

Opening and closing the doors, hood, bonnet,will not help much if the switch has a problem , if you see the interior light keep coming on during a drive then maybe one of the doors is at fault.

If you can not find any switch then you will need to be hooked up to the scan tool to check this system.

If you are still having issue with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad replay button so i can assist you further with this issue, or pass you on to another expert.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no more info required do not contact me again unless I request it.