indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

Mazda MX5 Mk1. Engine temprature gauge shows engine not overheating.

Customer Question

Mazda MX5 Mk1. Engine temprature gauge shows engine not overheating. However, the coolant starts to boil up. There's no water in the oil. I've replaced the can cover gasket. There white to green powder where the Radiator top hose mates with the engine. What do you think?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Sadly on this engine build if the coolant get below the temp sensor it will only show that the engine is overheating .

So check the coolant level first.

If the level is always good check that the system is bled correctly and that you don't have any air pockets in the cooling system
as this will cause the engine to boil and not show on the gauge.

This engine is not easy when the cooling system has trapped air in the system.

Make sure the cooling system is fully bled with the heater system on HOT.

If you are still having issue with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad replay button so i can assist you further with this issue, or pass you on to another expert.

Rgds Greg