Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi - I have mazda 2 bought from a mazda dealer with 5,000 miles

Customer Question

Hi - I have mazda 2 bought from a mazda dealer with 5,000 miles on the clock (former demonstration vehicle). The vehicle now has 16,000 miles and in that time (two and a half years) I have had two wheel bearing failures and today I've been told that a front hub needs replacing (all this done under warranty). Is there some underlying cause for these part failures (eg bent axle) How would I go about finding out. I have lost confidence in this particular car - but have owned a mazda 3 and a mazda 2 previously with no problems whatsoever.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - continue waiting please

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to locate the right Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Normally when this happens this often there is a underlined issue with the vehicles suspension, normally what causes this is something on the suspension is bent or the vehicle has been in a accident at some point.
What I would suggest is to have the suspension checked at a shop that specializes in suspension work.