Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi Im getting a thud in the front of my Mazda 6 when I go

Hi I'm getting a thud in the front of my Mazda 6 when I go over a bumb or a bad piece of rode
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Were the front and rear shocks/struts checked or replaced?
If so were the shock/strut mounts replaced?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The front suspensions were only replaced and the back and front anti rool bar rubbers were replaced too. Everthing else is good except for that thud in the front.
Ok so the front struts and mounts were replaced correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No just the suspensions only. No my mechanic said they don't need to because they are fine
Ok the mechanic needs to stress test the strut mounts because that is what causes this issue and it is very common on these vehicles. He needs to take a second look at the mounts.
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.