Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, My Mazda 6, 2.0D Exec 2010, which I bought second hand

Customer Question

My Mazda 6, 2.0D Exec 2010, which I bought second hand from a main dealer, in Feb this year, was excellent initially.

The problem
Over the last 2 weeks it has been "pinking" or stuttering in all gears to a serious extent and now cuts out when I drop into 2nd gear.
If I can get it to run at 80 k/h at 1.5k revs, it is pinking less.
There are no indications on the dashboard of any problem with the engine.
I am the only one who has put fuel in it since I bought it and nothing other than diesel has been used.

I have it booked into the place where I bought it, tomorrow, but would appreciate an opinion on it first.

This is my 4th Mazda 6 and I am forever praising them!!!

Thanks a million.

R
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello R,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Hello R,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The issue that you are describing is consistent with a fuel injector that is not firing correctly and is resulting in the issue that you are currently having with the vehicle.
To test the injectors a balance test will need to be performed using a diagnostic scan tool.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response to my query. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was away from base for a few days.

Current Situation.

I brought the car back to the Main Dealer. they had it for 2 days and worked on the DPF. They also identified that air was getting into the fuel somehow.

I received the car back 9 days ago and was assured by the Service Manager that the problem was fully fixed and that I would have no more problems.

I have driven the car about 260 miles approx and am now back to Square One. Yesterday, I drove it at 2,000 revs for 25 miles as per the Main Dealers previous recommendation but it only got worse.

Is it possible that a Piston problem could create a DPF problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a mill...

Rory

Yes there is a possibility of a piston ring issue or a valve not steering properly.
What would need to happen first is a cylinder leak down test and a compression test.