Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Mazda 6 2007 2ltr petrol on the road suddenly loss

I have a Mazda 6 2007 2ltr petrol on the road suddenly loss of power and a lowed knocking noise, low on oil topped up runs but lake of power I have to get home 180 miles, it's automatic has done 65000 miles. Temp is ok
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

How low was the engine oil?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No oil on stick 2ltr to the top mark on dipstick approx
From what you are describing the lower end rod bearings and main bearings have run dry due to a lack of oil, this is where the knocking is coming from. I understand that you have 180 miles to travel but I would not recommend this. The engine will be further damaged and possibly throw a connecting rod through the engine block.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have to drive home I will take it very easy and keep it below 2000 rev 40 mph and keep fingers crossed
Good luck to you, it would also help if every so often you stop and turn off the engine and let it cool down. Thank you.