Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have recently bought a Mazda 3 TS 1.6 diesel manual. After

Customer Question

I have recently bought a Mazda 3 TS 1.6 diesel manual. After driving it for a few days with no problem we took it in the motorway for a drive. On doing so changing from 3rd to fourth lost power and struggled to reach 60 with foot to floor. After about 10 second or more sprang in to life and reached 80with no problems. Was fine for a week or so then done exactly the same thing. This only seems to happen with hard excellaration. Entering the motorway etc. Replaced diesel filter. Only other thing I can add is fan seems to be on all the time and a bit slow to start other than that no problems what could this be? No warning lights or messages of any kind. Thanks.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise..

What mileage does the car have ?

Does it have any logged service history / if so , what is it like / when was it last serviced properly?

When you switch the ign just ON... not the engine...do you see the light that looks like an Engine...? Please double check that and let me know..

Rgds, MIKE..........................