Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2014 Mazda 2 not cranking and the red light like a lock is

Customer Question

2014 Mazda 2 not cranking and the red light like a lock is flashing, I bought this car like this and don,t know it's history 450 miles on car
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Try these steps:
Disconnect the negative battery cable end and then the positive cable end and leave disconnected for 20 minutes.
Then connect the negative end and then the positive end.
Insert the key in the ignition and turn to the on position put do not start, leave in the on position for 5 minutes and then try to start the vehicle, this should reset the system.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried that
The light stopped flashing but the car still would not crank and when
I turned off the ingition and back on the lock light is still flashing
Ok unfortunately since that did not reset the system, there is a hard fault stored and a dealer diagnostic tool will be needed to reset.