indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

I have an older Mazda. When I try to start it I hear a few

Customer Question

I have an older Mazda. When I try to start it I hear a few clicks but the engine doesn't turn over until after 5-10 turns of the key then the engine starts up. Battery has full charge. Was wondering if there could be a loose connection to or in the starter solendoid.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Yes sir this is a solenoid malfunction , typical signs of a bad solenoid .

No need to buy a complete starter motor just replace the solenoid.

But to be sure connect a voltmeter to the battery, then turn the key to start position and hold,, the voltage should not drop below 10 volts if it stay around the battery power 12+volts then replace the solenoid, if voltage drops below 10 volts replace the battery .

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue ..

Rgds Greg