Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Vibration at rear of vehicle.at 30 miles per hour

Customer Question

Starts at 25 right up until 40 miles an hour regardless of which gear you are in.

Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help..
What exact vehicle do you have?
Has this fault started to occur just recently / suddenly ..or??
Does the car have alloy or steel wheels?
What is the age / condition of the tyres?
Rgds. MIKE.....................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

Its a Mazda CX-7.Its a 60 plate 5 year old, it has alloys, started after it had new tyres. The exact same tyres were put on as what we took off in case you think its that. Its a diesel if that helps

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

We still waiting for a reply from yesterday. Do you know how much longer it will be please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI

We asked a question last thursday and you have since asked for more information but as of yet still not got back to us with any kind of answer and it is now six days later. Do you know when we are likely to get a response please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
We would just like an answer. We asked last Thursday and are still waiting.The expert asked for more info which we sent and we still have heard nothing. We are disgusted that it has cost £20 for this level of treatment
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again - This is MIKE who replied to you at first.
To explain - when I responded to you , you didn't respond to me for 2 day + 15 hrs.. I was then off for time off - so that fell badly Im afraid - so Im sorry that was all just unfortunate... Then this morning you relisted your question, which I can understand - but IM afraid that caused further delay - I know you were not to know that would happen - but Its just the way the system works.
I hope you can see whats happened - none was intentional Im sure you can see - but my apologies this has happened.
Back to the car then - You mentioned it only started to happen after new tyres were fitted-
Can I just ask - have you tried ( have the tyre place tried ) - replacing the tyres with a "different" set / different make at all?
Too - since the tyre fitting - has the car kit a kerb - gone down a bad ridge / pot hole - anything like that?
What have the tyre place suggested - ? and have they tried to re balance the tyres at all?
Too - what sort of balance weights have the used - ie - hammer on type.. that you can see fitted to the rims of the wheels.. or - stick on flat type.. that you can see looking through the wheels - on the inner side?
If you can let me know on the above - then we can progress..
Once again -my apologies for the delay -
Kind Rgds, MIKE.....................
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again..
I notice you have not replied to me since you viewed my reply to you on the 17th...
Please let me know if you do still need help or not -
Rgds, MIKE..................