indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

Greg I have the same problem as many others! The alarm goes

Hi Greg
I have the same problem as many others!
The alarm goes off randomly.
I suspect a faulty or wrongly adjusted sensor.
How many sensors are there? Where are they and how do I test them?
The garage put their analyser on the car but it did not show a fault! Presumeably because the faulty sensor was performing properly at that moment!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Which mazda do you have, and year.

Is there any warning that the doors are open like interior lights on , door open warning light
even though the doors are closed .

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg

It is a Mazda 6 TS - 12 years old

There are no warning lights on the display or interior lights staying on.

Dara

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
Okay good no warning light so from this i would say the most common issue will be the bonnet locking switch .
First disconnect the switch and see if the alarm still sounds off if not
replace the switch .if still sounding off use a paper clip and jump the two wires and see if the alarm sounds off ,if not replace the switch .
i say try both with or without the paper clip as can't remember if the wiring should be open or closed.
All doors have a switch but if one is faulty normally a warning light will come on to let you know one of the doors are open .
Then there is also one in the boot and of cause as said the bonnet ..
Another possible issue is if a aftermarket alarm system is fitted .if so remove ..
But as said i'm confident your bonnet switch is the problem .
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gregg

Thanks for that information.

I have found what I think is the bonnet sensor/switch ander a plastic plate around the bonnet lock - Am I correct?

Where is the boot sensor/switch, how do I access it and how do I test it?

Dara

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dara
Do the bonnet switch first, lest see if that is the culprit .
As said normally is .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg

I took out the bonnet switch and - with the switch in the 'open' position the car locked and unlocked but the lights did NOT flash. Taping the switch 'closed' (as it would be if it were properly fitted and the bonnet was closed) made the lights flash again. I therefore assume the bonnet switch is working as it should!

I opened the boot and operated the locking and unlocking buttons and the car locked and unlocked but again the lights did NOT flash. Shutting the boot caused the lights to flash as normal when locking and unlocking!

At no time did the alarm sound!

Any more suggestions?

Dara

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dara .
Do the same with the doors . but a good scan tool with body live data would show you a faulty switch do you have access to this tool .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg

I am afraid not.

The local garage (not a Mazda specialist) had a scanner tool which they plugged in (under the dashboard somewhere) and their electrician said he did not get any error codes relating to the security system.

Unless you can suggest something else, it seems I (and my neighbours) will just have to put up with the alarm going off randomly.

Dara

Dara

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dora .

When you have all doors etc closed and you lock the doors with the fob does the lights flash .

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg

Yes - as I said previously - the lights flash when the fob is used to lock (and unlock) the doors - except when the bonnet or boot is open or the bonnet switch is removed.

DARA

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dara .
Thank you for getting back to me .
Okay when the lights flash this means the system is working correctly and none of the switches are open.
Now that the bonnet switch is disarmed lets wait and see if the alarm still sounds off ..
A intermittent switch could be causing you this issue so one by one i'm afraid.
Greg ..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg

I still need to know how to get to the switch in the boot mechanism.

Dara

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .

Works just like the front , on the locking latch ,

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gregg

How do I get to the boot locking latch?

There is no cover like the bonnet one!

Dara

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dara .

No this is behind the plastic cover you need to remove this first ,

The the switches are part of the door locking actuator .

Greg