indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

I'm so glad I've found you!!! We had a lovely French Mazda

Customer Question

Hi, I'm so glad I've found you!!!
We had a lovely French Mazda MPV (2003) which we adored but the engine died. There's a Mazda Premacy on ebay UK. Would the engine be compatible? Could we get the ebay Mazda, drive it until we can afford to switch the enignes and then use the rest for parts?
Is the MPV (with the roof bars), the same car with a different name in the UK? They look the same, I think.
(We are really skint... I'm selling a piece of jewlery from my mum for this, so we can't afford a mistake. If we weren't I'd buy a new one!!!)
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Basically they are the same car ,
Only the UK is right hand drive and the French one is Left hand drive
so parts are going to be on the other side and many not going to be the same fittings .
You will need to make sure the two have the same engines as it came with five options .
Two 1.8L petrol
One 2.0L petrol
Two 2.0L diesel
Transmission came as 4 speed auto and 5 speed manual .
So you will have to make sure the two have the same build .
Depending on which engine you have there are a lot of engines on the market that you could buy and fit as they where used in a lot of other Mazdas not just the MPV.
Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help.

The premacy engine is 1998 cm cubed cylinders, but has a 1.8l engine. Our engine is the RF model, which also has 1.998 cm cubed centimetres, but is 2litres.

I didn't know these details when I asked my question. Both are diesel... so I don't know what to think.

I thought this would be more of a dialogue as I've not used this site before, so, while your answer isn't quite what I need, I asked the wrong kind of question.

Thank you for trying to help.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Narianne .

1998 - 2.0L which is the diesel RF-T DI.

If he has the petrol engine then this is not going to work for you .

Rgds Greg
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is the advert for the car...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191684963468?euid=a0122c27ef0348a89a879de24dd8eb3e&cp=1

He says it's an RF engine, but I don't see how it can be if it's 1.8l

But it is also a diesel.

I remain confused... but that's not your fault!

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marianne .

This is a 2.0L diesel as said 1998cc = 2.0L
Now under the heading he has put 1.8L TDI which will be a 1839cc

There is no 1.8 tdi the 1.8 are petrol engines .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Brilliant Greg, that's great. You've answered my question.

It's the same engine.

He says it's losing power at times, but still working well. This is a known issue with these engines, which usually leads to problems. Do you think it's too big a risk?

Would you buy one? The Internet doesn't have many good things to say about these engines.

(You don't have to answer that because it's a cheeky extra question...)

Thanks for all your help.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marianne .

Smile no problem happy to answer .

Good question and looks like you know the answer but need confirming you're right Wink

I would not buy it with this mileage ,as you have already checked its was not a good engine .

You can see from the price that he is also not asking much just in case the engine does fail after selling .Cry.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much Greg,

I've paid twice for your answers. Is it ok to leave it at that?

M

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
No need to pay more marianne .
If the answer comes with a info request no need to pay, if it comes with Answer in the top corner then a payment is requested .

So no need to pay again .Wink

And thank you very much and wish you a great week .

Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well, in that case, I hope they pay you twice, too!

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marianne

They should and thank you,
Should you need further assistance with this issue later, then just come back to this same page and there will be no extra charge Wink

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you very much

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
(y)