indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

My Mazda 2 will not start The battery seems OK (lights

Customer Question

My Mazda 2 will not start
The battery seems OK (lights work), but when I insert the key in the ignition and attempt to turn over the engine, there is a rapid clicking noise, most of the warning lights seem to come on, but nothing else happens.
Any suggestions as to the cause of this problem would be most welcome.
Thanks,
Peter
Category: Mazda
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
When this happens the battery is dropping below 10 volts ,even though the battery seems okay to light and radio etc but lacks amperage to turn the starter motor ,this is why you can hear the relays clicking .
Now to check this is very easy. all you need is a voltmeter that has min 20 volts .
Connect voltmeter to the battery ,first you should read battery voltage ,a good fully charged battery should have 12.6 volts .
Now with the voltmeter still connected try and start the engine,
now check the voltage when trying to start the battery should not drop below 10 volts if it does recharge the battery or replace .
If battery test good then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This rating is not correct

, I selected 5★s.

Greg was spot on with his diagnosis, a new battery has been fitted and the car us now in perfect working order.

Many thanks Greg,

Regards,

Peter Howson

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter . Thank you for getting back .please just rerate for me and this will clear up the poor rate you accidentally gave . Greg
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Peter .
Wish you and your Family a great week .
Kindest regards Greg