indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician.
29331485

My Mazda 6 was servied in March - the sump oil plug came off

Customer Question

My Mazda 6 was servied in March - the sump oil plug came off in the road in September - engine wrecked
- have I any comeback no warning light no nothing to indicate just the whole fell out on the road and the car stopped dead with my 6 month old baby in the back - if this had happened on a motorway I would have been killed.
Any idea why this happened.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What a waste of £20
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi .
Its pretty obvious the service shop does not want to know.
If the oil drain plug is not torqued down with a new washer seal it will come loose and cause you the problem you just had.
So this happened in March and now we have October so they will not take responsibility for this.
You could take it to court but you probably not get anywhere and just end up wasting money and time, due to the time from the last oil change and to the date it happened .
Sad story and sorry this has happened to you , but to be sure ask your lawyer laws change .
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me .
Kind regards Greg